Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Let's talk about love in friendships...


Hey loves,

I’ve been neglecting the LOVE aspect of this blog so today I wanna talk about love in friendships. A few weeks ago I had the chance to meet up with an old friend that I hadn’t spoken to in almost a year. We had a falling out over some choices that she was making that I knew in my heart just weren’t good for her. It was sad but the time apart was good not just for her but for me too. I got to learn a lot about the kind of person and friend that I am. I am a protector. I want to keep my loved ones out of harm’s way at all cost. With that said I now know that you can’t be everyone’s savior. I also learned that part of being a good friend is allowing your friends to make their own mistakes because that’s how some people learn. I, for the most part, tend to learn by example while others might need to feel that burn before learning that the stovetop is hot and not to be messed with. That was the case with this friend and I had to learn to accept that about her and know that I can’t shelter her from everything. We had an awesome talk and laid all our cards on the table over some food and some much needed drinks (thank God for Cosmos). It was like therapy. I’m glad we didn’t force it and now look forward to having a new kind of friendship with her. Loving your friends sometimes means that you have to let them take a few hits, get a few scrapes and bruises and allow them to learn life’s lessons on their own time.

2 coats of Sally Hansen’s Xtreme Wear in Black Out + 1 coat of OPI’s Rainbow Connection
Heart to hearts can be kinda heavy so I opted for something festive!




Cheers to love in friendships!
Vee…xox…





No comments:

Post a Comment